Creative Associates International
The Gender Specialist will provide guidance on gender mainstreaming throughout project implementation. S/he will be responsible for gender analysis and gender strategy.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- The project’s gender strategy is implemented in compliance with project work plan and client expectations;
- The project meets or exceeds required gender indicators established in the performance monitoring plan (PMP) and client reporting requirements; and
- The project successfully builds organizational capacity in project partners, government, and stakeholders to incorporate gender strategies and approaches that contribute to sustainability beyond the life of project.
- Implement gender analysis;
- Design gender strategy;
- Conduct staff and partner training;
- Engage with project partners on gender mainstreaming;
- Contribute to grant development focusing on women entrepreneurship;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities focusing on gender equity.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in social studies, business, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least 5 years’ technical experience in donor-funded gender programming;
- Experience with women-focused entrepreneurship programming is highly desired.