Regional Program Development Manager - Africa
RI - Relief International
Washington DC, London or Nairobi
Relief International currently seeks a Regional Program Development Manager (RPDM) with a focus on the Africa Region. The RPDM will be responsible for donor engagement and capture management (approximately 50%) and managing and/or assisting in proposal development (approximately 50%). The RPDM will travel (at least 60%) to field sites as well as other countries as needed. The RPDM reports to the Vice President of Program Development.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Donor Engagement and Capture Management (approximately 50%)
In coordination with the regional and country teams:
- Support development of RI strategy in Africa and ensure coordination with overall program development strategy;
- Maintain regular engagement with donors, international organizations, national governments, foundations, etc., to track donor trends and priorities and inform HQ of upcoming program priorities;
- Represent RI to the donor community as needed and inform donors on RI regional and country efforts;
- Attend relevant meetings and networking events (e.g., regional and national coordination meetings, relevant RFA/P meetings, donor consultations) as needed for the performance of duties;
- Maintain outreach with relevant international and local NGOs as well as private sector firms in order to facilitate partnerships needed for program development opportunities; and,
- Develop capture plans and conduct completion analysis on upcoming priority proposals.
Proposal Development (approximately 50%)
- Engage in needs assessment for project proposals as necessary;
- Contribute to program design, for solicited and unsolicited programs, and for pilot and full scale programs;
- Where proposals are pending with donor agencies, meet with donor officers to ensure program plans represent a good fit with donor objectives;
- Participate in the preparation of funding proposals, including leading proposal writing efforts as well as costing efforts;
- Track country and regional proposal efforts and report to PD team on status;
- Support effective go/no-go decisions and cost share analysis;
- Serve as PD focal point for the countries in Africa that RI works in;
- Build the capacity of regional and country teams in program development; and,
- Ensure review process and submission is completed, within submission deadlines.
- Undertake travel as required in the pursuit of the above tasks;
- Prepare regular activity reports for HQ;
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks, as instructed by HQ; and,
- Operate within RI policy, setting an example for other field staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to field offices.
- MA in international relations, business administration or other relevant field
- 5 years’ minimum experience INGO context, previous experience with USAID preferred
- 10 years’ minimum relevant work experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Proven success in grant writing, net-working and liaising with field and HQ staff when necessary