Deputy Chief of Party/Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a highly qualified Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID Feed the Future Nutrition funded activity in Bangladesh. It is expected to be a five-year program in the $10-$25-million range The Deputy Chief of Party will serve as a key member of the program technical and leadership team and is specifically responsible for overseeing and integrating activities of a technical team that will promote nutrition-sensitive agriculture production and consumption, improved nutrition among pregnant women, children and girls, improved WASH practices and integrate gender and youth across all components. This will be achieved by sustainably improving nutrition and reducing poverty through the integration of agriculture, nutrition, WASH and related market systems. The program will improve nutritional status, especially among women and children, and support related value chain capacity development and investments.
- Oversees the technical leadership team in guiding the effective implementation and achievement of program objectives and goals;
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure technical integration and coordination in implementing core project areas including farming systems and agriculture production, gender and economic empowerment opportunities, social behavior change communications, and nutrition and WASH;
- Address priorities related to productivity increases of nutrient rich foods, while establishing market linkages to ensure there is both availability and financial incentive to produce them;
- Collaborate with private sector to establish market linkages to both encourage and support continued production of nutrient rich foods;
- Develop opportunities to improve agriculture trade related to nutrient-dense foods;
- Support and promote gender equity and female empowerment approaches and support the integration of gender across program components;
- Advise on access to credit for increased production of nutrient-rich foods, especially for women;
- Provide advice and counsel on relevant Bangladeshi nutrition and agriculture policies;
- Serve as ACDI/VOCA's project representative during the duration of this assignment;
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables;
- Contribute to creation of workplans and periodic written program reports;
- Ensure productive relationships with partners and donors.
- Master's degree in relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive work experience in developing countries, preferably in the area of rural development and/or agricultural trade and investment;
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sectoral nutrition or agriculture programming, in particular in the areas of nutrition-sensitive agriculture;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing teams;
- Experience working with agricultural market systems, value chains, rural producers and farmers' associations and applied knowledge of nutrition-sensitive production approaches;
- Knowledge of Bangladeshi agriculture trade policies and laws preferred;
- Fluency in English is required, ability to write technical reports in English.