Chief of Party, Rural Resilience Program
CRS - Catholic Relief Services
The Chief of Party (COP) will have overall responsibility for the Rural Resilience Program. Responsibilities include meeting project objectives and deliverables while providing overall leadership in technical, administrative, operational, and management aspects. The COP will act as the primary relationship manager for the project with USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria, partners and external stakeholders.
- Provide overall strategic guidance, leadership, management and general technical oversight of the entire program, with a strong focus on achieving defined results;
- Act as the key liaison with USAID, Government of Nigeria, all implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the program;
- Represent the program and present its work nationally and globally to CRS leadership, the donor, partners, and other stakeholders;
- Lead, manage, supervise and mentor program staff and consortium partners;
- Ensure high-quality monitoring and evaluation of program impact and timely submission of donor reports and deliverables;
- Ensure compliance with CRS and USAID policies and requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters in international development, management, agriculture, economics or other relevant field;
- At least 10 years of international management experience;
- At least 5 years’ experience in agriculture-based and rural development;
- At least 5 years in a senior management role for USAID-funded activities strongly preferred;
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including livelihoods, agricultural development, resilience, market-based approaches to economic development, climate change, food security, gender, conflict;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners;
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements;
- Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements is preferred;
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa required. Prior experience in Nigeria preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- To field locations in Nigeria.