Chief of Party, Education
Creative Associates International
The Girls Leadership and Empowerment through Education (GLEE) project in the Republic of Mali aims at providing increased equitable access to quality education to adolescent girls (ages 10 to 18), living in the target areas of the Mopti and Kayes regions. It is a three-year project with two option years. Award is anticipated by Fall, 2017.
The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Chief of Party reports to the Project Director based in Headquarters and supervises several project staff.
- The Chief of Party provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project.
- S/he serves as the primary liaison with USAID/Mali on management and technical matters.
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners.
- The COP will interact with numerous government institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to education or management.
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, technical or advisory roles working with education programs in developing countries.
- Experience in West Africa required. Experience in Mali highly desired.
- Oral and written proficiency in English and in French.