Policy Development Dir. - Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunity
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Policy Development Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential;
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation.
- Responsible for improving accreditation policies of targeted technical and vocational professions;
- Supports implementation of policies related to workplace health and safety;
- Creates revisions of social protection and labor laws related to gender;
- Conducts formative research for messages and materials development;
- Initiates awareness through government entities, private sector and NGO community working with them to design communication and messaging content;
- Strengthens capacities of government and other partners to develop and manage communication activities.
- Advanced degree in education, law, business, economics, or related field;
- Prior experience in a senior level position working on labor and employment policy, preferably in Jordan;
- Prior experience working with Vocational and Technical Education (VTE) certification and accreditations, preferably in Jordan;
- Diplomatic skills and proven ability to work effectively with government and VTE stakeholders;
- Fluency in Arabic and English required.