Senior Gender Advisor
Washington D.C., United States
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Gender Advisor for the anticipated USAID Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity (MSNA). MSNA will provide technical support for country-led scale-up of effective, integrated, sustainable nutrition– specific and nutrition-sensitive policies, programs/interventions, and systems. The expected duration of the project is five years. Hiring is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Senior Gender Advisor will ensure that all aspects of the project are gender-sensitive and gender-responsive, and adhere to the principle of “do not harm”. The advisor will support the design and implementation of project activities that address the unique challenges that women and men face. S/he will support project management with recommendations for improving programming to achieve objectives, will contribute to the overall adaptive programming approach, and will play a key role in project work planning, learning, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide strategic, technical guidance and direction in gender for multi-sectoral programming and monitoring;
- Design and oversee a Gender Analysis and reporting, and ensure recommendations are integrated into relevant programming;
- Provide support to project staff, government ministries and other project stakeholders, on gender integration in health programming;
- Provide on-site technical assistance and capacity strengthening in gender programming;
- Ensure technical quality of activity monitoring, reporting and presentation of related activities under the project;
- Lead a team of gender experts, including consultants, as needed;
- Participate in other gender related activities at the project level, as needed.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field;
- 8-11 Years of experience in education, health, behavioral, or social sciences or related field;
- Knowledge and experience in specific technical area;
- Informed of current program developments in division/unit/technical area;
- Years of work experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues;
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.