Chief of Party
FHI 360 seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID civil society strengthening program in Honduras. The project will work with civil society organizations and media actors on activities related to anti-corruption and transparency, and the ideal candidate will have strong experience in anti-corruption programming and/or media. The COP will oversee the team in-country and provide direct supervision to technical specialists.
- Provide overall program leadership, management, quality control, timeliness of deliverables, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Liaise with the USAID Mission, CSOs, government stakeholders, private sector, and media partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of program objectives and achievements;
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments;
- Manage and supervise the work of program personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation.
- Advanced degree in international development, political science, international relations, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience leading civil society strengthening projects, anti-corruption programs, and/or media development projects with preference given to experience in Honduras and/or Central America;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Experience strengthening civil society networks, developing civil society capacity, working with media outlets and facilitating trainings for journalists;
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products;
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Central America; Honduras experience preferred;
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams while developing a common vision;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish required.