Senior Communications Officer, Campaigns
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Seattle,WA, United States
Position Summary & Responsibilities
Drive the integrated marketing and digital engagement plans for the foundation’s communications campaigns. The position will identify key campaign needs, aligned to advocacy goals and outline the strategic marketing plans required (how to best use earned, owned and paid media channels). Provide clear creative briefs to the content team and partner closely with designers, video producers and creatives to execute a plan across channels. Requires strong thought partnership and a creative mindset, with a default to digital engagement. Should also understand how digital fits within more traditional media/PR practices.
Specific responsibilities include
Integrated marketing planning:
- Developing integrated marketing plans – in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders, including advocacy leads and digital agencies;
- Managing brainstorms to elicit clear insights (audience prioritization, geographic priorities, creative ideation) from across the foundation – program, advocacy and communications teams;
- Developing and handing off clear creative briefs to content producers and social media team.
- Supporting team in strategic development around influencer engagement model, particularly how the model effects social media strategy.
Campaign execution and measurement:
- Executing digital first campaigns, overseeing multiple channel management, and as needed partnering across foundation stakeholders;
- In partnership with measurement team, providing measurement insight and analysis of campaigns to be shared with high level internal stakeholders;
- Reports to: Deputy Director, Creative, Campaigns & Media.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field is required;
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, preferably from corporate/business background;
- Strong experience in digital communications;
- Proven record of successful digital marketing campaigns;
- Sophisticated understanding of audience targeting and tools for measuring impact;
- Preferably knowledge of and experience working with international development and media stakeholders;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications;
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively under tight timelines;
- Experience working across teams with a variety of stakeholders.