HIV Senior Advisor - Key Populations
IntraHealth Zambia is seeking an HIV Senior Advisor- Key Populations, for an upcoming HIV service delivery program contributing to Zambia’s achievement of the 90/90/90 targets. The HIV Senior Advisor - Key Populations (KPs) will oversee staff and service delivery sites catering to the needs of key populations including HIV testing and counseling (HTC) as well as follow-up care, support and treatment. S/he will be responsible for overseeing clinical training and service delivery in HIV/AIDS, ensuring that program and clinical approaches are technically sound and appropriate for key populations. S/he works with the Chief of Party and other senior program and technical staff to ensure overall program integrity and to assist with reporting and the coordination of activities as required.
- Directly supervise technical/Clinical staff and oversee service delivery points offering HTC and care, support and treatment services for HIV/AIDS, focusing on increasing HTC for key populations, increasing linkage rates for HIV+ clients to treatment and increasing treatment retention rates.
- Ensure state-of-the-art clinical and technical approaches and methodologies are used in improving the performance and use of HIV and other clinical services.
- Integrate approaches to service delivery for key populations that are client friendly and offer safe spaces.
- Contribute technical inputs particularly related to training, supervision, mentoring and quality assurance of ART and other HIV services.
- Lead in the training of technical/clinical staff in the integrated management of HIV and other conditions.
- Collaborate closely with Ministry of Health officials, the National AIDS Council (NAC), provincial and district authorities, donors and other national and international institutions, agencies or projects.
- Contribute to project budgets, reports, work plans, and other activities as assigned.
- Liaise with headquarters technical and program staff providing support to the project.
- Regularly travel to the project’s service delivery sites for key populations to monitor progress and provide technical assistance and supervision.
- Participate directly in training, QA/QI and monitoring and evaluation activities related to the performance management system, including baseline assessments, annual assessments, and periodic project reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MD with minimum 5 years experience or Nurse or Clinical officer with a minimum of 7 years of experience working in the field/s of HIV/AIDS, including direct experience in HIV. A master’s level degree (MPH or equivalent) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience working with key populations.
- Significant knowledge of the Zambian health system at all levels of the system.
- Experience working with the government in developing and/or implementing health programs/services. Experience working with international organizations and donors in Zambia.
- Familiarity with international recommendations as they relate to the technical areas.
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience in leading teams to successful outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Must have a valid practice licence.