Senior Program Manager, WE Schools
The Senior Program Manager, WE Schools will increase and manage a portfolio of select participating schools and educators who are involved in WE’s fundraising and awareness raising campaigns and activities. The Senior Program Manager, WE Schools will be the key relationship manager for his/her high touch portfolio of schools. This role will require working with your Market Director to set and achieve individual fundraising goals.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
Your Impacts: (Responsibilities)
- Responsible for fundraising strategy and implementation.
- Set individual annual target goals; for school program and campaign enrollment, commitment to fundraising, depth of engagement, WE Day registration and hosting an outreach and sponsored speaking tour.
- Manage a portfolio of V.I.P., private and independent schools who are actively involved in WE Schools programming and campaigns;
- Create and implement plans to nurture relationships with schools and educators in order to retain their involvement from year-to-year, as well as deepening their fundraising capacity and engagement;
- Provide assistance to the Market Director as required in the management of high-level relationships (for example, school districts);
- Maintain excellent relationships with our existing schools to ensure an 85% retention and re-engagement minimum standard year over year.
Educational Program Management
- Engage new contacts in the holistic opportunities of experiential and service learning for students through WE;
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to schools/educators and provide them with resources and support to implement WE Charity fundraisers and awareness raising campaigns;
- Ensure that you have a robust knowledge and expertise of WE Villages international development projects within the eight countries where communities are served;
- Deliver workshops that provide educators with the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need to positively engage their students to become socially involved in their communities;
- Discuss educator needs and craft relevant solutions for this market and for each school.
- Design and execute an annual communication plan for each educator within the portfolio that include email, phone and Skype calls and school visits when possible;
- Attend and contribute to the planning and organization of WE conferences, events and speaking engagements, as they pertain to one’s portfolio of schools
- Flexibility to travel to region and special events for school and educator visits.
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of your portfolio and activities (e.g. participation rates in a specific campaign);
- Measure the impact of school actions across all programs and campaigns using both quantitative and qualitative information;
- Build impact stories from each school during the school year to support Marketing and Creative Service initiatives;
- Work on various projects as assigner per Market Director.
What you bring: (Skills & Qualifications)
- 5+ years of professional experience or strong background in fundraising and/or sales;
- Preferred BA in Education or higher teaching qualifications and/or experience;
- Understanding of private and independent school education systems;
- Strong knowledge of community service learning pedagogy and curriculum;
- Strong understanding of service learning, civic engagement and a passion for international social justice issues;
- Highly self-motivated, independent, a problem solver and a strategic thinker;
- Sales-oriented mindset, motivated by goals and experience meeting/surpassing targets;
- Customer-focused nature;
- Proficient use of MS Office programs and experience with database management (preferably Salesforce);
- Experience in fundraising and understanding of donor life cycle;
- Willingness to travel periodically for work;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.