Regional Field Manager, Moms Clean Air Force
EDF - Environmental Defense Fund
Washington D.C./Boulder, CO or Austin, TX, United States
Moms Clean Air Force (MCAF) is a community of moms and dads united against air pollution – including the urgent crisis of our changing climate – to protect our children’s health. We arm members with reliable information and solutions through online resources, articles, action tools and on-the-ground events.
The Moms Clean Air Force Regional Field Manager works to implement the MCAF national campaign agenda in priority states. This position recruits, trains and manages field consultants in priority states, and manages strategic and supportive engagement with volunteers in states where there is no field consultant present. The Regional Field Manager will report to the National Field Manager of Moms Clean Air Force. This position will be located in the Washington, D.C., Boulder, CO or Austin, TX EDF offices.
- In coordination with MCAF’s National Field Manager and Senior Team, work with and manage a portfolio of MCAF’s field consultants, volunteers, and partners developing and executing issued-based campaigns in priority U.S. states. Provide strategic guidance to leadership and shape annual goals.
- Working with MCAF’s National Field Manager and Senior Team, cultivate relationships and manage strategic partnerships with local, state and national Latino/a advocacy organizations to develop and implement a Latina constituency engagement initiative to engage Latina moms in MCAF’s program and elevate Latina voices and leadership in MCAF’s campaigns.
- Schedule, assign, direct and review campaign strategy and tactics for national, state and local campaigns.
- Sit at EDF state horizontal teams to ensure coordination in states.
- Recommend targeted actions for field consultants and volunteers in states.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with 100+ activists, NGOs, government agencies, policymakers, campaigners, influential thought leaders and industry counterparts nationally.
- Execute activations around policy issues through direct advocacy, presentations, issue briefs, and other tools to educate government stakeholders on key organizational and campaign priorities.
- Lead legislative strategy and engagement with public and elected officials and increase visibility of organization through media including authoring and publication of LTEs, op-eds, non-opinion pieces.
- Design and execute state activations such as “play-ins,” “read-ins” and “Mama Summits” and mobilize membership in support of key policy priorities in priority States.
- Lead quarterly execution of 50+ person events on campaign priorities in key cities in the priority States.
- Deliver testimony and mobilize membership for participation at important federal and state hearings held by federal, state and local government agencies.
- Hold strong policy and political knowledge of essential federal and state environmental policy including: Federal Clean Air Act, Federal Toxic Substances Chemical Act and various state and federal oil and gas methane rules, among others and continually evaluate the impacts of policy decisions on core membership and constituencies.
- Support National Field Manager to compile and coordinate incoming reports and narrative requests for Moms Clean Air Force National Field Director and Senior Director.
- Leverage social media tools to engage, activate and mobilize membership on priority issues and action opportunities.
- Represent organization at key advocacy, stakeholder and leadership forums.
- Schedule and maintain regular all-staff and individual calls with MCAF’s field consultants, volunteers, and key partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies advanced mastery of the principles, concepts, and methods of a professional field.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully handle and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to communicate to large audiences, including public speaking, giving presentations and responding to media requests.
- Ability to organize and execute events.
- Ability to activate and organize citizens through online and on-the-ground organizing.
- Understanding of the US political landscape.
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4-6 years of experience managing field operations and staff in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment, or a Master’s degree with at least two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated record of successful coalition-building experience and leadership in environmental justice campaigns.
- Demonstrated leadership working in Latino/a communities.
- Demonstrated volunteer management success.