Chief of Party, Lebanon
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated four year, DFID Support to Reaching All Children through Education II (RACE II) Formal Education Programme (SR2) in Lebanon. The program aims to support the Lebanon government, particularly the Ministry of Education and Higher Education and the Centre for Education Research and Development, in its plans to improve public sector education service delivery and strengthen the formal education system. The overall objective is delivery of formal education to Lebanese and refugee children ages 3 to 18 in Lebanon. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall vision and strategy for the technical and operational implementation of all program activities;
- Serve as the program's primary liaison with DFID, Lebanon government officials, and international and local partners, and represent the program at meetings and functions with stakeholders;
- Maintain regular communication with Chemonics' Washington, D.C., office on technical and managerial matters;
- Supervise technical and administrative staff; ensure consensus on program objectives, a high standard of performance, and achievement of targets in the program's performance monitoring plan;
- Work with government counterparts in defining program activities and targets and ensure close collaboration;
- Oversee preparation of all program deliverables and their submission to DFID, and ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures of DFID, Chemonics, and the program contract;
- Oversee project evaluations to assess progress and adapt approaches based on observed impact, in consultation with the client and counterparts.
- Master's degree in education or other relevant field; Ph.D. degree preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant management, supervisory, or technical experience with DFID or similar donor-funded programs, including at least five years in a management or leadership position;
- Chief of party experience;
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing education strengthening, financing, and system reform projects, particularly projects related to education governance, strategic planning, and development;
- Experience with public financial management, data performance systems, or innovative public-private partnerships preferred;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of education projects;
- Experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third-country, and local experts;
- Experience implementing interventions that promote gender equity preferred;
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and complex environments;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Experience working in the Middle East, with strong working knowledge of the region and Lebanon;
- English fluency required; French and Arabic proficiency strongly preferred.