CHAI - Clinton Health Access Initiative
New Delhi, India
The Manager - Nutrition Initiative for Madhya Pradesh will be responsible for driving CHAI’s nutrition strategy in the state working with the Department of Women and Child Development and the National Health Mission, Madhya Pradesh.
This work will focus on managing a competent team to achieve operational excellence, develop and drive the programs’ strategy, managing state government and other development partners to achieve the development objective of reducing the burden of chronic malnutrition in the state.
CHAI is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong analytical and quantitative skills and an exemplary record of leadership and management. Successful candidates will have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
- Help achieve operational excellence through analytics, develop programs strategy and ensure that the program is on track to achieve its objectives;
- Manage a cross-sectoral team by establishing program goals, supervising task execution and monitoring project progress;
- Reinforce strong, collaborative relationships with the Ministry of Women and Child Development in the state of Madhya Pradesh and support government leadership and priorities;
- Work closely with the government of MP to identify and bridge gaps pertaining to supply chain, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation;
- Responsible for recruitment, retention and development of a high-quality team;
- Co-ordinate with other local and international development partners to leverage complimentary expertise, funding and/or relationships;
- Draw on CHAI’s global and local expertise in demand generation and supply-side engagement proactively and work in a collaborative manner with cross-cultural teams;
- Should be willing to travel on short notice within India with 60-80% travel.
- Fluency in English & Hindi;
- Bachelors in Economics/ Business, Bachelors of Technology or Other Quantitative Subjects;
- MBA or a Masters’ Degree in Other Quantitative Disciplines;
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in a public or private sector enterprise, with relevant mid-management leadership experience;
- Extremely strong data management/excel skills; strong modelling skills;
- Highly entrepreneurial and with strong self-motivation;
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests (public sector engagement would be highly relevant) and developing strong relationships in order to drive a process successfully;
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical capabilities, as well as creative thinking capabilities;
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations;
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and a high degree of self-confidence.
- Work experience in a consulting, investment banking or a fast-paced results oriented organization;
- Experience working with the public sector and managing cross-sectoral team.