Private Sector Advisor, USAID Tuberculosis Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening Project in the Philippines
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Private Sector Advisor will lead the activity’s engagement and partnerships with the private sector to contribute to quality TB detection and treatment outcomes. S/he will lead the review of existing private sector strategies and work closely with national stakeholders to develop and implement new strategies and pilot innovative private sector activities. S/he will advise the National TB Program and other relevant government departments to develop new programs based on international best practices and experience. S/he will also provide guidance and technical support to develop private sector governance and management tools to promote sustainability and institutionalization of interventions.
The position shall be based out of Manila, Philippines and for a period of 5 years. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance to the intermediary organizations that will coordinate services in the private sector in Philippines;
- Lead adaptation of existing NTP national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program;
- Lead implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/from the private sector as necessary;
- Serve as the main point of contact with technical experts in the private sector, especially from the project and with the NTP;
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including gathering and analyzing data;
- Participate in technical working groups on infectious diseases;
- Supervise other technical staff on the project;
- Collaborate with NTP, other partners and liaise with the key stakeholders to share information and learnings;
- Monitor implementation of planned activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field trips.
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in public health, international affairs, economics, business, or social Sciences;
- At least 12 years of experience developing governance and management tools and programs that support sustainability of programs with the private sector;
- At least five (5) years working on private sector governance and management in countries outside of the Philippines;
- Experience working with national TB programs;
- Knowledge of and experience working in the field of health financing;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and create and maintain effective relationships with Government personnel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.