Senior Advisor, Health Systems
The Senior Health Systems Advisor provides technical leadership on the development of safe abortion service programming in Indonesia. Working closely with the Indonesia Ministry of Health (IMH) and its counterparts at the province and district levels, the Senior Advisor ensures availability of safe and comprehensive postabortion care per existing laws and regulations, and develops/adapts context-specific safe abortion guidance and tools. The Senior Advisor is responsible for health systems activity design and content, including contraception, provider and site performance, and training efforts. The position shares knowledge on technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices across regional/country teams, technical staff, and with external partners. The position works to guide and manage the team, ensuring implementation of quality health systems activities, aligned with Ipas’s organizational strategies, standards and goals.
- Provides technical and programmatic oversight, strategic direction, and support to implement health systems (HS) strengthening and quality improvement (QI) activities; develop HS & QI framework for use by partner districts and health facilities;
- Designs, plans, organizes, implements, evaluates, and documents clinical trainings and workshops on high-quality comprehensive post-abortion care (PAC) and contraceptive services;
- Monitors progress of health systems work, including analyzing service delivery data; identifies issues and trends and works with partners to develop solutions to address challenges and improve service delivery;
- Ensures supportive supervision and program mentoring to program sites and providers in accordance with organizational guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- Collaborates with key implementing partners including various Central and Provincial Ministry of Health departments and staff, medical training institutions, medical associations, commodity and supply agencies, and non-governmental organizations; engages stakeholders in defining desired health outcomes and developing an action plan to achieve outcomes;
- Supports improvements in service organization, infrastructure, and processes to optimize the quality and effectiveness of safe abortion and contraceptive care;
- Contributes to the development, dissemination, and implementation of national standards and guidelines and training resources for abortion and contraceptive care;
- Documents and disseminates relevant innovative health system program; reinforces the peer review process, including sharing lessons learned and best practices;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical degree;
- Masters in relevant field (reproductive health or public health);
- 10+ years of experience working in reproductive health programs;
- Experience working in a non-profit organization;
- Project management experience;
- Demonstrated experience in working with high-level health professionals with proven policy advising capacity;
- Demonstrates knowledgeable on reproductive health and family planning, maternal and child health, and implementation of women centered reproductive health care;
- Ability to influence, strengthen, and nurture network of medical professionals related to RH;
- Ability to build project management and clinical capacity of teams;
- Fluent in English and Indonesia (speaking and writing);
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.