Phnom Penh, Cambodia
This position will guide and support gender mainstreaming across the design and implementation of this project to ensure gender equitable outcomes. The gender specialist will advocate for and provide technical assistance for integrating address gender-based violence services as part of the continuous quality improvement system.
- Provide leadership and technical support to guide design and implementation of the project‘s gender strategy and gender interventions;
- Integrate gender-sensitive patient management approaches, advocate and provide technical support to properly integrate gender topics into health provider training curricula;
- Strengthen the system within the health facility for supporting victims of gender-based violence, providing technical support to ensure global standards are met;
- Support project M&E Expert to design and implement a gender inclusive and sensitive monitoring and evaluation framework and approach and ensure gender-related learning informs ongoing planning;
- Collect data on gender sensitive indicators (for example, standard indicator GNDR-6) and document unintended gender-related consequences of the activities;
- In coordination with key project staff, interpret gender-related results and present findings, recommendations, lessons learned, and promising practices to colleagues to further ongoing project learning.
- Bachelors degree required and advanced degree preferred in gender and development, social science, or related field;
- At least 2-5 years experience in working on gender gender integration/gender based violence, especially in health programs;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting gender training;
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks and approaches for gender inclusive programs.