SPC - Secretariat of the Pacific Community
The Programme Coordinator will be involved with the Pacific Regional Clinical Services and Workforce Improvement Programme (PRCSWIP) and Pacific Islands Regional Multi-Country Coordinating Mechanism (PIRMCCM) secretariat. Key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating effective coordination and networking between Pacific ministries of health, PRCSWIP, PIRMCCM secretariat and their stakeholders;
- Research and information management;
- Assisting the Team Leader with secretariat management;
- Supporting professional development activities for the clinical services workforce in the Pacific;
- Developing concept notes (specific to PIRMCCM)For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please view the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
- Post-graduate degree in health or related area.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in health programmes, including in a coordination and/or management capacity;
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination of regional meetings and trainings;
- Good understanding of the key priorities and issues facing clinical services in the Pacific Island countries and territories (PICTs) as well as the main clinical stakeholders;
- Excellent skills in developing, maintaining and updating websites and databases.
- Excellent English language skills, with a working knowledge of French being an advantage;
- Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- A team player with the ability to network and work effectively in a multicultural setting;
- Cultural sensitivity, and a demonstrated understanding of developing country environments;
- Knowledge of PICTs is an advantage.