Technical Advisor WASH/Menstrual Hygiene Management
Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
The Technical Advisor for WASH/MHM for the HDIF Innovative Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) project will serve as key staff providing technical expertise in the area of WASH and menstrual hygiene management (MHM).
- Research and develop content related to MHM to be incorporated into an innovative technology platform for adolescent girls and young women;
- Contribute to strategic technical and programmatic direction of the project Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager to develop performance measurements;
- Build strong rapport with partners to ensure consistent and accurate delivery of MHM content as it is uploaded to different platforms;
- Work closely with a bilingual expert to ensure linguistic compatibility, and accuracy for content development in English and Swahili;
- Serve as a technical resource advisor to partners, community outreach workers, and youth on issues related to WASH/MHM;
- Participate in trainings providing technical expertise for WASH/MHM as an entry point to addressing gender inequalities and discrimination;
- Ensure a rights-based approach to integrating MHM into social behavior change communication initiatives;
- With the Program Manager participate in the preparation of project, donor, and monitoring and evaluation reports;
- Undertake any other program related tasks as requested by Program Manager.
- Master’s degree in Development studies, public health, or related social sciences;
- At least 4 years work experience related to WASH/MHM in Sub-Saharan Context, experience in Tanzania a plus;
- Thorough understanding of gender, MHM and equality and non-discrimination principals;
- Experience working with adolescents related to adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- Experience developing training programs and content as well as facilitating training activities;
- Understanding of community management approaches WASH/MHM issues;
- Knowledge of low cost sanitation and hygiene technologies a plus;
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with multiple partners, train and motivate partners and young people;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and knowledge of Kiswahili a plus.