Head, Private Sector Engagement
UN Women - United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
New York, United States
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and implement UN Women private sector partnerships and resource development plan:
- Lead the development and implementation of the UN Women global private sector engagement strategy in alignment with UN Women policies. Review and refine the strategy at regular intervals to harness new emerging opportunities, to anticipate changes and make mid-term adjustments;
- Liaise and coordinate with UN Women teams across the organization to help package and define UN Women’s case(s) for support and differentiated value proposition to engage private sector support of core and non-core initiatives;
- Coordinate the private sector cluster team to jointly and effectively deliver on plan.
Identify and develop corporations and foundations prospects into strategic partners of UN Women, with a critical mass of accounts each contributing in the US$ 1-5 Million range:
- Identify, assess, and prioritize prospects and initiate contact, develop and manage UN Women’s partnerships with a portfolio of leading global foundations and global corporations and coordinate a team to manage complementary portfolios of accounts;
- Develop methodologies, strong cases for investments, engagement, upgrade and recognition mechanisms;
- Ensure that activities also promote the adoption of Women Empowerment Principles by corporate partners;
- Orchestrate the stewardship of funds, and provide excellent customer service including monitoring of donor interest, planning and execution of visibility plans, and senior leadership engagement.
Design and execute innovative proposals to strengthen UN Women’s reputation and to generate greater financial resources, including strategies to develop high-net worth individuals, as well as individual giving, employee giving and digital giving:
- Develop and implement and engagement program for high-net worth individuals;
- Develop and implement individual giving strategies including strategies to develop high-net worth individuals, as well as social media/ digital giving, built on solid cases for investments;
- Jointly design an integrated fundraising, advocacy and communication approach, in collaboration with communications teams, the Executive office, and other teams;
- Guide and support National Committees with regard to private sector engagement.
Establish the proper infrastructure and best practices for effective partnership development and management:
- Co-lead the development and implementation of a knowledge management system to support effective partnership development and management, as well as effective internal collaborations for UN Women worldwide;
- Identify and implement appropriate data and benchmarks to measure success in alignment with UN Women’s overarching strategic plan;
- Ensure effective and efficient positioning and value proposition of UN.
Manage people and financial resource:
- Contribute to the annual work plans, objective setting, performance management, standards and expected results, and budget monitoring, in collaboration and discussion with the team;
- Supervise and asses work in progress to ensure delivery of results according to performance standards, overall objectives and accountability framework;
- Provide technical guidance, supervise team and oversee progress of implementation of activities;
- Support other priorities of the Strategic Partnership Division or UN Women, as assigned by UN Women Leadership.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Funds raised from private sector sources;
- Timely and quality development and implementation of Strategy which leads to increase funds from private sector;
- Number of private sector partnerships, also partners who promote Women Empowerment Principles;
- Quality technical support to National Committees and Private Sector Cluster team to increase/improve capacity to raise funds, based on number of initiatives and campaigns;
- Timely development and implementation of individual giving strategies;
- Timely development and implementation of knowledge management system;
- Quality support to partners which leads to sustainable and consistent giving.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Leadership ability to provide strategic direction and operational management of fund-raising/philanthropy and corporate development initiatives, resulting in significant revenue growth;
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with clients by gaining trust and respect;
- Ability to be innovative, creative and able to think outside-the-box;
- Ability to develop concepts and strategies;
- Proven networking, negotiation, business planning and proposal development skills;
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and oral); ability to eloquently articulate UN Women’s case for support;
- Knowledge and understanding of UN system is an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, business, public administration, international relations, communications, women's studies, or a related field is required.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the field of fundraising and development, corporate social responsibility, and/or resource mobilization and partnerships development or related field;
- Extensive fund-raising experience (including major gifts, corporate and foundation relations) in diverse organizational settings;
- Extensive corporate management, communications and marketing experience with superior understanding of multinational/corporate operations and culture;
- Proven track record of securing and managing multi-year, multi-million-dollar public-private partnerships;
- Digital and Direct fundraising expertise a major asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.