Senior Climate Smart Agriculture Specialist
Multiple Locations, United States
The Climate Smart Agriculture Senior Associate in Abt’s Chief Solutions Organization (CSO) will provide expertise and technical leadership to primarily support Abt’s internationally focused Resilient Economies portfolio and with the opportunity to support other relevant international and US-focused portfolios.
The Climate Smart Agriculture Senior Associate serves as a senior specialist to develop and apply relevant technical and equity-centered solutions to address program design and client needs, drawing from across Abt's capabilities and working with other subject matter experts within Abt’s CSO. The Senior Associate will bring a strong customer perspective in developing and incorporating these solutions into program design and delivery within the respective clients’ environments and contexts.
- Supports capture and bid of the Resilient Economies portfolio top opportunities and critical recompetes.
- Supports, and may serve as, the opportunity lead and/or technical lead for capture and proposal efforts with USAID clients.
- Engages with solution architects and other experts across all of Abt’s capability lines to craft effective, winning solutions that are responsive to the client’s needs and operating realities.
- Helps to craft effective capture and win strategies and frequently serves as a color team reviewer to ensure that win strategies are implemented in bids.
- Partners with portfolio lead, client account leads, project leads, and others to develop, lead, and execute client demand generation efforts, including the development and delivery of white papers and unsolicited proposals for new work.
- On newly awarded opportunities, supports account and project leadership in standing up a ready and effective project team and technical, management, and staffing solutions fit to the client’s operating environment.
- Serves as a technical advisor and/or project quality reviewer on projects within the portfolio, leveraging their domain and customer expertise.
- Coaches and advises project leaders and other senior staff working on projects within the portfolio, specifically with respect to the client context.
- Supports critical client conversations on projects and captures, to include helping to manage issues, address points of customer dissatisfaction, and gain the customer's assessment of Abt performance (e.g., "voice of the customer").
- May serve in other direct-delivery roles on projects, to include as Project Director.
What We Value
- Master’s Degree + 12 years of relevant experience, or PhD + 8 years of relevant experience.
- Proven technical expertise, recognized both within and outside the organization, as an expert and thought leader in climate smart agriculture in low and middle-income countries (LMICs) and strategies and approaches to simultaneously improve agriculture and food system, as well as climate adaptation and mitigation.
- Significant experience in business development roles and client relationship management with USAID and other clients.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in understanding and advancing thought leadership in climate smart agriculture.
- Strong understanding of USAID, other international organizations, and partner countries’ agriculture, food security and economic growth strategies and priorities.
- Familiarity with the linkages and opportunities to align agriculture and economic growth with climate change mitigation and adaptation investment strategies and instruments.
- Has demonstrated the ability to integrate capabilities in research, technical assistance, digital and data solutions, and equity together into holistic solutions for pressing challenges and high priorities within climate smart agriculture programming in LMICs.
- Seeks, develops, and shares information that extends Abt’s knowledge of approaches to climate smart agriculture to achieve both inclusive and sustainable economic growth and better climate outcomes. Applies such information to guide development and delivery of concepts, theories, and products.
- Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with meeting client needs.
- Commitment to Abt’s mission to improve health and well-being for people worldwide, and to Abt’s commitment to centering equity as the cornerstone of our identity.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.