The Director of Programs shall be responsible for development and delivery of robust program strategy in line with the organizational strategic plan. She/he will lead a diverse team of professionals who are part of the program implementation teams and provide leadership, vision and inspiration to the associates and other departmental staff with an emphasis on creating team collaboration and cohesiveness.
Core Program focused responsibilities:
- Design robust program strategy to scale up & widen program outreach
- Scan macro environment to capture core insights to design outcome driven, sustainable programs
- Lead program teams for effective program implementation and timely reporting
- Align & network with corporate and public funders
- Strengthen Americares’ position as an industry thought leader
- Develop robust proposals and focused reporting
- Provide technical know- how for all health related aspects of programs.
General Administrative responsibilities:
- Guide & Supervise program staff in their day to day functioning;
- Support program managers to set up SOPs and systems to develop impactful strategies;
- Align work plan, budget and activities across all the programs undertaken by Americares;
- Share in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communications;
- Oversee data management and evaluation/implementation of new technology;
- Work in tandem with the resource acquisition team for donor engagement.
Desired Qualification & Experience
- Master of Public Health (MPH) with Medical degree (MBBS & Above) or Master of Public Health (MPH) with base degree & proven track record of minimum 6-8 years leading program function in a mid-size health focused organization;
- Age between 40-55 Years of age;
- Minimum 12-15 years of programming experience in at least two mid-size organizations with Pan India presence;
- Should have experience of building programmatic capacity of an organization;
- Should be part of the Leadership Team for more than three years;
- Should have experience of participating in a strategic planning process for the organization;
- Should be familiar with Public Health Practices in India;
- Should have Experience of leading large team size, of diverse configuration.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.