Deputy Chief of Party
Creative Associates International
Work under the leadership of the COP to support technical teams to implement programs that improve early grade literacy through enhanced school leadership and teacher training, improved instruction and assessment, community-based initiatives, and enhanced learning delivery systems.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to technical team members, working with the COP to craft technically-sound state workplans that align to project core strategies,
- Support development of implementation strategies and work plans; coordinate day-to-day management of technical staff and technical management of the program in the Abuja and field offices.
- Facilitate knowledge management, communications, and information flow for program implementation.
- Oversee and ensure technical soundness in overall approach and implementation of partners’ scopes of work.
- Support high quality timely report preparation, including quarterly and annual reports, and ensure reporting compliance to USAID, home office, and government counterparts.
- Maintain awareness of work plan budgets and expenditures; assist technical teams to set up and implement appropriate systems for program implementation.
- Build strong technical team management structure to enable productive and collegial team functioning with program partners and stakeholders.
- Represents the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree or higher in relevant field such as education, management, social sciences, or development studies required.
- At least ten years of experience in management of international development programs.
- At least seven years of experience managing high-quality education for development programs required, early grade reading programs preferred.
- At least five years of experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff required.
- Demonstrated experience working in the education sector in Africa region, preferably sub-Saharan countries.
- Demonstrated experience includes work in policy advocacy, monitoring and oversight, capacity development in the education sector.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs is required.
- Prior experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote education-related goals.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required. Proficiency in Hausa is preferred, but not required.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.