Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead - Ukraine Healing and Accountability Through Human Rights
Creative Associates International
Creative Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead for the USAID-funded Ukraine Healing and Accountability through Human Rights, which will help Ukrainians achieve justice and address social cohesion divisions resulting from Russia’s full-scale invasion by supporting processes aimed at accountability for war crimes, fostering dialogue on difficult questions related to post-conflict recovery, and beginning healing and reconciliation using human rights-based approaches, including transitional justice tools.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead is critical to the success of the activity implementation through ensuring processes and procedures to operationalize the MEL Plan, as well as leading reporting to USAID. The M&E Lead supports the COP in ensuring that interventions are evidence-based and that the activity gathers appropriate data to inform adaptive management. The M&E Team lead plays a critical role in sharing information with USAID and other stakeholders related to the activity’s evidence-based impact, lessons learned, and other successes.
- Develop and update the Activity ’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including review of its results framework, performance indicators, relevant and applicable baseline data collection strategies and methodologies, and the financial and human resources needed to successfully implement the M&E strategy with a strong focus on a collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach;
- Develop and update the Activity‘s Learning Agenda, including synthesizing M&E data to distill learning and develop (with Comms) externally-facing products promoting that learning;
- Organize and implement learning events and processes, including ‘pause and reflect’ events and resulting adaptive management analysis, decision-making, program/approach adjustments, training and follow-through;
- Coordinate the project’s MEL team members and relevant program staff to ensure new knowledge is effectively used to adapt project activities and approaches;
- Establish and maintain relationships and continuous engagement with USAID, other donors, peer organizations, research, and other institutions;
- Ensure appropriate and continued coordination and joint-planning with USAID and other donor activities, government initiatives, and private sector engagement;
- Regularly engage project stakeholders in gathering and documenting information and lessons emerging from program implementation and ensure quality communications to external stakeholders;
- Work closely with government counterparts and local partners to strengthen capacity in MEL;
- Develop data collection tools and protocols and maintain an up-to-date catalog of all project MEL tools and forms in electronic and hard copy data files;
- Ensure quality and streamlined data entry in Creative corporate web-based MEL platform MEDAL (Monitoring and Evaluation Database for Adaptive Learning) and create user-friendly dashboards in Power Bi (in MEDAL);
- Analyze ongoing quantitative and qualitative data at different points in the program leading to the specific program/contract results;
- Conduct field visits, as necessary, to develop monitoring and performance management plans with technical teams;
- Regularly review project work plans to ensure the timely achievement of results related to USAID M&E;
- Ensure regular communication of M&E activities to all key stakeholders and contribute to the quarterly, annual, report and project reporting to USAID;
- Collaborate with the technical team to monitor progress of the program in terms of the compliance requirements of USAID results and indicators;
- Work closely with technical staff and institutional partners to explain M&E processes and understand how these processes relate to the project’s technical work, and to promote M&E-related training as needed;
- Ensure gender and youth data are integrated into MEL by identifying key GESI indicators and ensuring lessons learned are collected to inform future program design and implementation;
- Manage M&E resources and ensure that M&E information and resources are up-to-date-, available to staff and widely disseminated; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading the M&E function of a large project and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan, routine monitoring system, and USAID reporting;
- A minimum of 8 years of M&E experience in international development projects with a Master’s degree or 5 years of M&E experience with a PhD;
- Experience conducting primary data collection exercises required; including using qualitative and quantitative techniques;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Nvivo and other statistical packages;
- Demonstrated experience in MEL report writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written); professional proficiency in Ukrainian is desirable.
Don't forget to mention IntJobs when applying.