Gender and Inclusion Advisor
IREX - International Research and Exchanges Board
IREX seeks qualified candidates for the position of Gender and Inclusion Advisor for its five-year, USAID-funded Harnessing Emerging Political Leadership for an Accountable Guatemala project (EPL). This role will support a program that aims to build an equitable and representative cadre of future political leaders in Guatemala. The Gender and Inclusion Advisor will ensure that the considerations of young women and marginalized groups are mainstreamed throughout program activities, and will foster youth-led program planning through a variety of assessments, outreach to targeted groups, and adaptive methodologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop gender and inclusion research methodologies and concepts;
- Support project with relevant research and information focusing on gender and inclusion issues;
- Develop, implement, and monitor a gender and inclusion integration strategy for the project;
- In close collaboration with project communications team and scholarships team, coordinate project outreach and recruitment to marginalized groups, including women, indigenous and ethnic minorities, poor urban youth, disabled youth, etc.;
- Ensure that gender and considerations groups are integrated throughout EPL programming;
- Conduct annual youth-led gender analysis to contribute to the program’s learning agenda;
- Contribute to program learning initiatives and other MEL activities;
- Coordinate with project communications team to share information about training opportunities and publicize results; contribute to project reporting;
- Travel throughout Guatemala as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/MA degree in gender, research, human rights, public policy, or any related field of social studies;
- 5-7 years of experience working on relevant gender and/or social inclusion projects;
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, and adaptive methodologies;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact and cooperate effectively with a large and multicultural team;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish & English preferred;
- Preferred experience working with USAID-funded programs.