Project Manager, HDIF-Innovative Menstrual Hygiene Management
Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
The Project Manager (PM) for the HDIF Innovative Menstrual Hygiene Management project serves as key personnel to the project and will provide strategic leadership, management oversight, and technical expertise in menstrual hygiene management. The PM will work under the direction of and report to EngenderHealth’s Country Representative for Tanzania. S/he will work closely and in a complementary fashion with other key personnel, internal and external stakeholders, to effectively lead and manage the project.
- Provide overall leadership management and general technical direction for the project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results as defined in the contract;
- Provide technical and administrative direction and guidance to and support technical experts carrying out technical requirements;
- In collaboration with the Finance and Administrative Manager, ensure fiscal responsibility for the project, and the timely submission of financial reports to ensure compliance with all Donor requirements and contractual obligations;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the Donor;
- Supervise administrative and technical project staff;
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Prepare project reports in accordance with the Donor’s reporting requirements;
- Lead the preparation of project work plans;
- Ensure quality and control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions;
- Ensure effective and timely delivery of agreed outputs and results defined by the project.
Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in development studies, Project Management, Public Health or the Social Sciences;
- Understanding of technical, social and institutional issues related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, with specific expertise in menstrual hygiene management in sub-Saharan Africa; Tanzania experience helpful;
- Project experience related to adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH);
- Between 5-7 years of experience in project management and implementation, and staff supervision;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective collaboration with key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of project objectives;
- Proven ability to collaboratively seek solutions and resolve problems;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Analytical and reporting skills;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.